Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Beautiful Day for FREEBIES!

Good afternoon to you. I hope you all are having as beautiful a day as I am here in Florida. It is breezy and sunny, the wind has a hint of magic and the sun is just right- not too hot- as a matter of fact, it is so perfect out today that the stars have come out early to see just how beautiful this day is. lol. Isn't that amazing that the stars can be seen sometimes in the late day when the sun is still shining bright? I love it! I always say I should have studied science, the weather or something besides cakes, because I am such a nerd at heart! lol.
   I have been around the blog block today and over at Snickerdoodle Designs she has a freebie transparent/overlay and paper for you to download. She has also shown some great examples of how to use them and what the transparency and overlays do when used. And Sugarbutt Designs has another freebie. They are some amazing photos she took. It must be that time of year because I have been snappin' pictures all week long of flowers outside, too.Jennifer (Sugarbutt) is starting on her spring garden and it made me want to post a few of my layouts featuring plants and flowers in my own yard. Some are quite odd and I am not sure what they are but it still amazes me at the perfection that God has breathed into every living thing that He created. The way the cornstalk has it's fertilizer/pollen on the top tassles that fall upon the leaves, as the rain drops land on the leaf, which is a fabulous bumpy slide with a groove or path for every droplet, they take the pollen with them. The leaf is set so perfect that the tip is right over the ear of corn and as the drop of water, along with the nutrients it picked up on the way, falls from the tip of the leaf- it lands on the silks(little strings) which every silk takes to a kernel and helps it grow.AMAZING! Huh? My Dad and I have sat for days and months and years out at our gardens and on the river(s), talking and learning and in complete awe of God's most divine and perfect designs. BTW- my Dad is the smartest, kindest, hardest working and most honest man in the world. And he taught me almost everything I know! I just wish I could put it to good use like he did. lol. Anyway, I learned ALOT about farming, gardening, etc.. Many people think that the roots need all of the water but actually alot of plants, fruits and vegetables need water frome above. SMILE:) I mean from rain or a sprinkler. Boy have I spent many hours watering gardens when the rains did not come. lol.Last year it was an average of 5 hours every day that I watered. But we had new vineyards so the grapes had to be watered daily until they were well rooted. Well, I feel like I am writing a gardening blog instead of scrapbooking. Ha ha.
    Have a great night everyone. Thanks for stoppin' by. I'll see ya real soon! God bless~~


Isn't this one of the craziest and most beautiful plants?


My Dad and I always have the best tomato plants.

I made one with journaling also but couldn't find it, I did want to share the page though, Pretty huh?
I would love to know what kind of cameras you use and which is a favorite as in pixel size and ease of use. If you want to share a comment or story about your camera and/or photo taking please feel free to share. I have bought 5 cameras and spent quite a bit of money only to be without! You want to know why? Read my next post-- you are going to fall outta your chair when you hear this story! lol. Come back to hear the rest of the story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment